FIND OUT MORE
The MFA network has been created with the aim of fulfilling
the following objectives:
- Provide information regarding the facilities and
activities available at museums so that visitors can
inform themselves in advance.
- Promote the exchange of information and disseminate
the work undertaken by museum professionals through
specialist conferences and events.
- Act as a forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience.
- Encourage museums to make continuous progress in the
areas of accessibility, Design for All and multisensory
experiences, so that the majority of people can explore,
discover and make the most of culture.
- Ensure that museums and cultural institutions become
more open towards anyone visiting in person or online,
whatever their personal characteristics.
- Promote social participation in cultural life by
involving citizens as active members.
- Disseminate examples of good practice carried out by
cultural institutions and draw attention to museums
which have undertaken steps to become more open to
- Help museums to promote their mission statements,
values and policies.
- Disseminate activities and projects carried out by
members of the network via the MFA
Newsletter and our Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Provide access to manuals, methods and tools for
putting Design for All in practice.
- Forward comments sent by visitors or professionals
to member institutions, so that they can take the
steps necessary to improve.
MEET THE MEMBERS OF THE NETWORK
Current MFA members:
Our multimedia library,
shared by all the Design for All Foundation’s International
Networks, offers a wide range of material relating to
Design for All / Universal Design.
If you would like to share knowledge and help expand the
library, we invite you to upload articles,
examples of good practice or documents.
OTHER DESIGN FOR ALL FOUNDATION NETWORKS
Network for Excellence: "Towns and Cities for All"